The Vine is a block that was introduced to Eden in version 1.6. It is very similar to the ladder block. You can scale the Vine block vertically, as well as horizontally. It can be used to get to high places, without using stairs. It can be climbed on the left, right, front, and back sides. It is not naturally occuring. It can also be incorporated into ceilings as a way to cross them, as you can remain attached to them while you are suspended above ground. If you want to make ancient ruins, this is a good way to make the ruins look old.
The Vine block is usually used to make ruins, overgrown structures, towers, riverbanks (or moss), canals, and houses. It can be climbed on its underside, and can be used in an adventurous setting or RPG. It also looks good when mixed into a medieval setting, because the vines on the stone add to the scenery. For rivers, it is better used as moss, growing on the side of the river.
- Although vines are flammable in real life, Vines in Eden will not burn, due to the fact that they appear attached to some kind of stone.
- If you hold down the jump button while you are climbing the vines, your speed will increase, just like holding the jump button down while climbing a Ladder.
- Ladders and Vines are the only block the user can interact with/climb.
- Some Edeners paint this dark green to look like a cactus.
- Many use these for a Jungle.Blocks of Eden - World Builder
Naturally Occuring Blocks Unnaturally Occurring Blocks Flammable Blocks Special Blocks