Eden World Builder has gone through many updates which add new features or modify the game in other ways. This page is a list of the changes and the features in each version of Eden - World Builder.
Date of the Update/Release
- Redesigned vines block texture
- Vines are now flammable and turn into dark stone when burnt
- New splash screen image
- Ice will turn to water when burnt
- iTunes file sharing for easy transferring of world files from PC to iOS devices
- Door opening sounder made quieter
- Increased light brightness
- Fire burns longer
- Larger fire animation
- Increased number of creatures that can be saved per world
- Small world generation changes
- iPhone X support
- Other small bug fixes
|February or March 2018
||April 2, 2015
- New creatures
- New terrain generation including several new biomes.
- View distance increased.
- Ability to change the color of the sky.
- Darkness effects in night mode.
- New blocks
- Improved flowers by making them 3D.
- Colored TNT now Paint Bombs.
- Rearranged inventory.
- Improved user interface.
- Ability to change sky color
- World Sharing changes
- Ability to report worlds.
- Changed Popular List to Featured.
- Brought back Date List and renamed it Recent
- Brought back ability to share worlds.
- Less loading screens
- Treasure Crystals
- Health system
- Improved screen dimensions on newer devices
- New fire animations
|February 16, 2015
- Five creatures to play with and put in your creations.
- In addition to being adorable they are game objects, they interact with all the special blocks (like ice slides/water/etc.) and tools.
- Lots of new sound effects and music.
- Various minor bug fixes and tweaks, partially listed below:
- TNT now launches you away from explosions
- Fixed freeze downloading maps for partially connected or weak internet connections
- Fixed some rendering glitches and rare crashes.
- Glass texture changed
- Changed how water current works slightly
- New option: Toggle creatures on and off in the Settings Menu.
|January 19, 2012
- Retina support and graphics update
- Flowing liquids
- Easy to build with and remove so you don't permanently flood your world
- Better explosions and improved fire
- Much faster loading
- Various interface improvements
- Build Icon shows current block, you can now paint the current block and then build with that block
- Ice slides will automatically adjust camera when you turn
- Auto-jumps when moving forward, auto-jumps when placing a block under you (this can be turned off)
- New option: Graphics quality toggle: Fast/Best
- Currently just disables in-game retina on fast, has no effect on non-retina devices but will in future updates.
- Removed option: Invert Camera. It doesn't make sense with touch/swipe controls
- Removed option: Caves. Due to rendering engine limitations they have a high performance cost.
- To play a world with caves you can download an old one from the shared worlds.
- Adjusted lighting on angled walls and clouds
- New title music
- Translated app description to 9 languages. Full app localization planned.
|December 2, 2011
- Added choice between flat and normal terrain generation for new worlds
- Added choice to set a new 'home' location
- Made auto-view distance reduction less aggressive
- Fixed bug where music wouldn't play when turned back on in options
- Fixed memory leak with screenshots
|September 13, 2011
- Fixed memory leak in shared menu
|September 7, 2011
- Eden is now a universal app (works on iPod touches, iPads, and iPhones)
- New painting mechanic, color any block with a touch
- New blocks:
- Water, has animated texture and you can swim in it
- Lava, has animated texture and gives you a little bounce
Note: Lava and water are regular blocks and don't flow (yet).
- Trampoline, allows the player to bounce.
- Translucent glass
- Fence you can see through
- Ice, slippery block with very little friction
- Ramps (ice, wood, stone, shingles), you can walk up and down them without jumping
- Angled walls (ice,wood,stone,shingles)
- Ladders and vines, blocks you can climb on
- Cloud, normal block
- Gradient normal block
- Searching by name for shared worlds
- Preview screenshots for shared worlds
- Cloud hosting for maps for faster downloads
- Caves are now an option (off by default)
- Completely flat/empty world available for download
- Touching the pickaxe or the burn icon when already in that mode changes to a 'nothing' mode (useful if you accidentally build, break, or burn stuff)
- Automatic view distance reduction for complex scenes
- Major rendering engine improvements
- Collision system reworked to support non-cube things like ramps
- Added a gradient to the sky
- A couple of menu animations
- Various bug fixes
- New sounds and art
- Major performance enhancements
- Translucencies and water/lava don't always render perfectly
- No way to build a painted block with one touch *Fixed 1.6*
- Cloth/Wool block removed for space reasons
- Water current needs fine-tuning
|September 6, 2011
|Improved UI graphics, improved performance, bug fixes.
||March 14, 2011
|Improved UI graphics, improved performance, bug fixes.
||March 11, 2011
|Joystick controls, camera mode, UI and menu improvements, and support for all iPhone and iPod devices with iOS 3.2 and higher.
||January 26, 2011
Save Files Fixed
|December 7, 2010
First release: Had basic block building, destroying, TNT block, fire tool, dpad for movement and shared worlds.
||December 2, 2010
Here are a list of features that may be added in future updates:
- LCD signs with customizable text
- Android support
- Optional auto-saving
- Increased render distance
- Increased height limit
- New blocks and improved textures