This article is about the Flower after v2.0. See Flower (v1.0) for the older block.
The Flower Block is a solid Block that appears naturally in the Normal World template only. It spawns in place of either Grass or Weeds. It is nearly identical to the Grass Block, and the Weeds Block, though the difference between the three is the texture at the top. This Block has three flowers sprouting from the center. It, unlike the Weeds Block, is available in the Block Selector (Inventory). They are best used to make gardens. In Version 2.0 flowers will pop out of the ground to create a more realistic feel.
Flowers always grow on the corners of 16x16 map segments, called Chunks. This can be seen by counting out the number of blocks between one patch of flowers and the next. This photo shows it well:
- Flowers, despite including grass, can't be found naturally in flat worlds.
- The color of the flower's petals are blue and the center is yellow.
- The flower best resembles a blue primrose.
- The bottom texture of this block is of dirt.
- Once painted, the original colors cannot be replicated, because there is currently no tool to revert this, and no color capable of doing so.
- The block will be getting a new UI icon in the new build menu for update 2.0. This icon is just a flower instead of three flower heads on a grass block.
- They are naturally spawned in Normal World.
- If colored light green it looks like a green flower, yet blends in with grass
- In version 2.0, flowers are to pop out of the ground.
- If you look closely at the Flower block, the grass is slightly darker than the regular Grass block.