Eden - World Builder Lite was a game published by PIXOWL INC. on June 27, 2017. The game was meant to be a free-to-play trial version of Eden World Builder. The game's life was short lived and was taken down from the App Store in late 2017 when Pixowl sold Eden World Builder back to Kingly Games.
The gameplay in Eden - World Builder Lite is nearly identical to Eden World Builder. The game contains all off the original mechanics with some minor additions to the menus and user interface. The main difference is that many of the original game's features were restricted in this version, meaning players could only use certain items in their worlds. Though uploading and downloading was possible when the game was released, it has since stopped working sometime after the app was removed from the App Store.
Eden - World Builder Lite restricted the use of many items in game. This was done in an attempt to get players to purchase the paid version of the game after playing on the Lite version. Each item that is restricted is hidden behind an orange lock icon.
Blocks:In Eden - World Builder Lite, 21 of the 35 blocks are restricted. These include:
- Stone Ramp
- Wood Ramp
- Ice Ramp
- Shingles Ramp
- Block Expander
- Treasure Crystals
Half of the colors are restricted in Eden - World Builder Lite. The only colors which are available to the player are the ones in the first three rows. These consist of the lighter shades of each color.
There were two versions of Eden - World Builder Lite, however not much is known about the differences between the two versions.
- Version 1.0 (Released June 27, 2017)
- Version 1.1 (Released August 18, 2017)
- On the home screen, a large yellow button, in the style of a treasure crystal, which reads "FULL VERSION" was added in order to direct players to the App Store page for Eden World Builder.
- The logo on the loading screen and main menu was changed from saying "Eden" to "Eden Lite"
- When the player taps on a locked item, they will be redirected to a pop-up ad for the full game, which includes the features found in the full game.
- Unlike Eden - World Builder, the lite version contains in-game advertisements.
- On the pop-up ad for the full version of the game, Pixowl advertises an 80% off deal on the full game, which they claim has a base price of $4.99. Eden World Builder has never been listed for more than $1.99 on the App Store. At the time, the game was on sale for $0.99. It is possible that Pixowl planned to increase the price of the original game eventually.
- Though downloading worlds was originally possible, it has since been disabled sometime after the game was removed from the App Store.
- In the pop-up ads in game, the original Eden World Builder app was advertised as the "Premium" version of Eden.
- Players cannot access the night-mode in game due to the black paint color being locked.
- The plain block can be accessed by picking up a creature with any block. Once the creature is placed again, the player will have the plain block selected.
- There is a glitch to access the black color using the saving feature, but it is not known exactly how this was done.
- The blocks in this version are referred to as "elements"
Because the game has been pulled from the app store, only a few screenshots remain from the game. A community member (@TheDream64 #9058) on Discord, who still had the game installed, helped compile a list of screenshots from the game.