is a naturally occurring block that appears at the farthest down you can go or dig underground. It is not placeable or even destroyable, and is hit when you dig down to the very bottom of any map. It can only be removed by either hacking or buying a mod pack off the internet (which it itself is a hack). People also create underground cities, using the bedrock as a floor or street. Some Edeners have even cleared out a big space of bedrock and built a skyscraper from bedrock to the height limit, aside from creating the skyscraper and not having it the height you'd want it to be.
- In normal worlds, there is one never ending layer of bedrock, and one layer that mixes with stone.
- In flat worlds, there is only one (solid) layer of bedrock.
- You would be wasting your time trying to stack a whole pile of TNT on top of the bedrock to try and destroy it, as bedrock is indestuctible.
- Before Caves were removed, bedrock would be somewhat jagged instead of being flat.
- As of now, bedrock is the only block immune to TNT, but in 2.0, Steel will also be one of the two immune-to-TNT blocks.
- You can paint bedrock.